Saturday, September 10, 2005

But the Good Remains..

Came back by here and realized I was pretty focused on the bad! There has been an amazing person to person outreach across the country, which does warm my heart. They found the little boy's dog Snowball! (For those who didn't hear that story they took his dog from him as he boarded a bus to flee the Superdome and he cried till he threw up :-( ) But they will be reunited, and as miniscule as that is it makes me happy. The first evacuees have arrived in my state of RI. These people all thought they were going to Houston and were told once the plane was ready to take off they were coming to RI, but they were very grateful and gracious about everything. The strength left in the people after the past week gives me hope too. Despite all the bad things one may hear about what happened inside New Orleans there were LOTS of neighbors helping neighbors, there were cops who had lost everything themselves who stayed and worked 24 hour shifts back to back to rescue their neighbors and keep them safe. It is good to hear the brighter side of human stories coming out of the Gulf now, it doesn't erase the bad by a long shot, but it is good.

And on my personal homefront, my best friend came by and gave me a card unexpectdly which really made my day. And we will soon be moving to a place in a really great neighborhood for my daughter, there are a zillion (well really maybe only 20) kids her age in a two street radius. We are also directly across the street from the city park! Add on to that being able to help out Nana who has always been there for us and I am getting pretty psyched. Oh and while the cars kept breaking down we got a free used wooden swingset in great condition!! Those things cost about a 1,000 dollars, so that was awesome. Oh and my nephew was born beautiful and healthy on Tuesday the 6th at 3:50 in the morning at 9lbs 9oz (we make them big LOL). They are all home and doing great and I am sooooo happy that I now get to share the parenting experience with my brother!! He will be a great Dad and I always thought he wasn't going to have kids and was sorry about that.

So I am feeling hopeful this morning...now if I can just not read or listen to any news for the day....

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

There is sunshine all around us....its just hard to see sometimes. I am glad you can feel the warmth today. I will be thinking of you.

Be Blessed

Jennifer

4:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home