Friday, September 09, 2005

Well it seems to have all gone down hill since the fun weekend.

Personally at work I have two people I have worked with and supported have major medical problems one resulting in death and one a major brain bleed and we have no idea how far she will recover. That has been rough.

Watching people who have it 5 zillion times worse than me on the Gulf Coast has not made me more thankful for what I have as what I usually try to get from tragedy. I am drained, good lord, I can not imagine how those people feel. Shame shame on us. For letting conditions that led to it being so bad fester without caring and doing something to protect our fellow citizens and shame on us for not caring enough whether we were prepared to handle the worst when it happened. I am a bit sick of the meme of the "blame game" I like to call it the accountability of reality and not a game.

Our cars have broken down three times in the last 4 weeks to the tune of over 2,000 dollars (that we don't have) and now my driver side window has disappeared into the door and refuses to give me a glimpse of it to pull it back with. And ickkkkkk I just can't stop feeling crappy about my bad luck despite the constant reminders of how truthfully blessed and lucky I am!

So shame on me for caring but not acting with complete outrage on a pretty consistent basis. I am paying attention and I am outraged...but do I act outraged day to day? And shame on me for having such a tough time reconciling my outlook on the world with my consumption in the world. And shame on us as a country for not making taking care of our own our national priority everday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home