Friday, July 15, 2005

Another year over, a new one just begun....

I just turned 31! Thanks to my Mom and Dad who got me here and got me here in comfort and style LOL, I don't know what I would have done without them, nor do I care to find out. I am definitely one of the lucky ones, I don't say that in a snide way, it really is in an appreciative way. My problems are of my own making, my own maladjustments to society, my own mistakes, I was given more gifts than the majority of the planet and I will be forever grateful. I will also continue to speak for those who don't have even the gifts I have presently. My husband and I choose to work in Human Services, we make enough to get by, but not much more. We are always a catastrophe away from disaster in the sort of eviction, except we have family that wouldn't let it happen. We have never in our adult lives had to rely totally on family for a bill, but the loan for a few weeks has always been there. The assurance that my daughter no matter what will never live in a car or go hungry, it is always there. I can see how close to disaster others are due to how close I am in a sense, but I don't live the real fear. It is fabulous I have a support system, but if I didn't? Is my family therefore categorically lazy and unworthy of help. There but for the grace of my family go I, in all seriousness and many people's families are seriously lacking in the grace department!
Well that is what I have to say on today my birthday other than...

I am more blessed than so many, I am born in the US, I have a voice if I have the courage to use it, my family has the love and devotion and the resources to keep me and mine safe no matter what, I have my health, my daughter has blessed my life beyond measure, my husband rocks, well you know what I am going to stop being so freaking miserable and difficult to deal with. Life is good and it has been better to me than most. It is time to live that reality. So I go with God's Speed into my 31st year, look out I have things to accomplish.
Kathy

2 Comments:

Blogger Sublime said...

Happy belated birthday Kathy!!

That was a very heartfelt posting and kind words about your family. I felt as if it were being written about my family, because I feel the same way about them. And, they've always given me the same support (and occassional loan...lol). When I see how some other people have been raised, I realize I am truly blessed to have been born into my family (though I haven't always thought so).

I try more and more to remind myself of this and to let them all know how much they mean to me.

Take care today,
Sublime

2:56 PM  
Blogger Sublime said...

Kat,

Where have you gone?

-Sublime

1:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home