Saturday, August 13, 2005

Heros



Cindy Sheehan down in Crawford. Truthfully to my own shame I couldn't figure out "what to make of her". Was she doing the "cause" a disservice. Yes sometimes I do come off so self important LOL!

But I have kept following blogs and newscasts and kept reading things she has said past and present. And actually with a rarely open mind, because she caught me off guard, I didn't know what to make of her. I know I agreed with her, but what about her style (yes I get a bit silly in my own head!).

The more I have read and seen of her, the more awed I have become. The fact that I even thought I had a place to think of whether she was saying what she had to say properly is now rather embarrassing. But hey, I don't really see any of you day to day so I get to admit the embarassing things here.

She has lit a spark that if people like me who spend a lot of time caring and worrying and a lot of time doing only when it comes close to an election...she makes me want to do something wild and crazy like freeway blogging LOL. I am working on Harlen to go with me to DC if she does go in September. I can't go to the rally on the 24th due to Nana's 90th birthday, which I just can't miss come hell or high water. But she is a comfortable affliction to my conscience. She makes me want to move!

All I have to say is whatever power there may be, the source of hope and goodness, the best of all of us, may it bless Cindy Sheehan and give some strength to her cause. She is demanding the same answers I should have had the balls to demand on Bush's front lawn myself. Thank God we have Cindy to have more kahunas then I after such a terrible loss!
Kat

4 Comments:

Blogger Kat said...

Yes I was being sarcastic LOL, no ceiling fans here!

6:42 PM  
Blogger Sublime said...

I wish I were as brave as her!

Take care today,
Sublime

8:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very well said....especially about sounding so self-important...I do that all the time...like I make such a great job of what is right and wrong. Cindy is an amazing woman to put herself out there for the world to scorn...but at least she is doing something.

9:45 AM  
Blogger Sublime said...

Kat,

Where have you gone?

Just checking on you.

Take care,
Sublime

1:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home