Friday, October 28, 2005

I love it when a plan comes together...

Life is good!!

Living with Nana is fabulous, it truly is. I think that all four of us are getting so much out of this situation. Even the more what may be termed as annoying things are good, vehicles to get to know each other better and we are laughing about them together. The joy in Nana's face when Rosie enters the room, even when Rosie gives her the cold shoulder (which she does because she knows she could be in the process of setting the house on fire and Nana would say "Oh you are just so precious!" and tell me it is part of her learning LOL) is just priceless. There is true joy that is being brought into her years and that is vitally important after 90, when your body starts sucking out the joy through your joints! Rosie is gaining an appreciation for just how much her GiGi adores her. Me and Rose (the elder) aka Nana are really getting to know one another and oh I love this woman, she is fabulous! It is bittersweet that I am coming to love her so much so late in her life (not that anything is going bad, but at 90 it is a matter of finite time that I can fathom). We really have a lovely neighborhood for our daughter and a beautiful home that if it wasn't for Rose and all her and Papa's (I wish I had met him) hard work and scrimping wouldn't be possible today. It is just so good all around. We're really happy here.

Then to add to the mix, we heard from the IRS via mail today and they accepted an Offer In Compromise that has been so long in the making with much heartburn and back and forth and ridiculous counter offers from them. And they accepted my appeal! My husband has had a lien that dates back from before I knew him, and oh the pain and heartache in trying to resolve it! We have had every part of our future on hold waiting to resolve this and it is done as soon as we get the money and send it on Monday, I feel so free!!!!!!!!!!!!

Plus a plumber is coming on Tuesday to actually put the toilet and running water in our beautiful bathroom!!!

and on a personal political note...Libby was indicted. I felt some vindication...though I would have loved to see Bush and Rove do the perp walk if I am to be honest! But Fitzgerald, I don't know he brings some sanity and hope to my conception of American government and politics. I felt the desire when he talked to be with him on the sanctity of American justice, to let the process take place. I felt a shred of faith in the system....it felt good.
Kat

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautifully said! I am so proud of you for taking in your Nana...so many Americans no longer have time for their elderly or they just don't want to hassle with them. It has always sickened and saddened me.

Yes, I too dream of Czar Bush doing the perp walk....a girl can dream can't she?

4:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home